Wow, day one of build season and we’re already in full swing!
I walked into the lab after school today to find it filled with members and buckets of Legos on the tables. Who ever said brainstorming couldn’t be fun? 🙂 We spent most of the afternoon elbow deep in legos, bent wires, and small pieces of tubing to create visuals of our ideas. Then we shared and evaluated our (Mark 1 :P) models. Here is the result:
Not too shabby, huh? 😛
We also picked one of them and created a rough wooden model of the shooter/retrieval mechanism- a simple set of wheels on the ends of a wooden frame, with a cloth housing. The ball is pulled in and ejected by the wheels, and rests on the cloth, which could theoretically double as a catapult. Then, we tested it out:
With VERY encouraging success, if I may say so myself.
On the management end, we almost have a complete game manual summary, and Chairman’s timeline, and programming is working on updating their knowledge with Java and new vision sighting capabilities available with LabView. Here is a nice boy hard at work “behind the scenes”:
So, I’d say we’re off to a pretty fantastic start! Go ninja go!!!!