I finally went to Chik-fil-a with Damian today. He has been bothering me the entire week to go and get shakes, and we finally went. I ordered a strawberry shake, but the cashier gave me vanilla… I was really confused for the first few seconds, but whatever, I enjoyed my vanilla.
Anyway, today was a long day, as we had no school. The morning went by kind of slowly and I feel like there wasn’t much that got done. But, in the afternoon we accomplished a lot.
We made the mounting system for the electrical board. For now it is just a piece of plywood that lays in the belly of the robot. It mounts with four wing nuts to two cross bars underneath. Hopefully tomorrow Andrey can layout the components on the board. There were some discrepancies with Cody as to the top and front…
A lot of parts came in the mail around lunchtime. We got our initial parts for the swerve drive, and our free pneumatic cylinders from the kit of parts from Bimba! We got to work and attached a 3/4″ bore, 8″ stroke piston to the bottom of the shooter in order to push the ball into the shooter wheels. We put attached it with some wire clamps that happened to fit on perfectly, and L-brackets to the shooter frame.
With this in place, we were able to do our first legitimate testing! We marked 7 feet and 10 feet on the wall (the approximate height of the top goal), and were able to make almost every shot with surprising accuracy. The shooter is looking really great. Tomorrow we might develop a system for different aiming.
Also, Ricky has been working hard on the programming and got most of our sensors set up! He showed us how it all worked on a cool simulation, and it really worked out great.
Ryan was off campus today, and started initial talks with a machine shop about making some parts for our swerve modules. Hopefully that sponsorship works out.
Hopefully tomorrow we can also make a full-scale defensive prototype too.
Mayuri is still sick, I guess.
I can’t believe it is practically the end of week 2! We have done so much, but have a lot more to accomplish.